Adult Rat Pineal Gland Tissue
Fresh adult pineal gland brain tissue and media are provided to initiate a culture of primary rat neurons.
Select overnight shipping for all tissue orders
- Melatonin production (derived from Tryptophan)
- Serotonin production (derived from Tryptamine)
- Circadian and Seasonal sleep cycles
- Circadian Rhythm
- Develops from roof of Diencephalon
- Rich source of adrenergic neurons and pinealocytes
- Neurons sensitive to adrenal hormone epinephrine
- Precocious puberty and delayed puberty have been associated with Pineal Gland tumors and cysts in humans; however the pathogenesis to these conditions is unclear.
- 17th Century philosopher Rene Descartes believed the pineal gland to be the “seat of the soul” and responsible for cognition; however evidence is lacking to support this hypothesis.
Please click here for our Adult Primary Neuron Plating Protocol